The Peninsula New York
700 Fifth Avenue at 55th Street,
New York, New York, United States
Hotel on Map
Top 10 New York
Activities & Dining:
Spa, Gym, Fine Dining, Swimming, Shopping
Add Hotel to your favorites
The Peninsula New York
The elegant 23-story corner building enchants with its ornamented windows and rusticated base. Arrivals enter at the ground-floor foyer. The lobby is up a grand stairway under a looming chandelier and coffered ceilings. Reception works with studied professionalism. You feel as though you have truly arrived. And, you certainly have as you are at one of Manhattan’s finest and smack in the center of it all at 55th and Fifth.
Since its opening, Fives, the hotel's signature restaurant, has gained a good reputation for its Atlantic Rim cuisine. Diners enjoy excellent service as well as views of Fifth Avenue through arched windows. The nearby Gotham Lounge proffers an impressive selection of spirits, and each afternoon an elaborate tea is served on ornate glass-topped tables. In summer, the rooftop terrace, facing the concrete canyon of Fifth Avenue, is one of the best spots in the city for cocktails alfresco.
One of favorite features of the hotel is its tri-level health club and Espa Spa. It is complete with indoor pool, a complete gym with aerobic equipment and weights, whirlpool, sauna, steam rooms and treatment rooms. Another plus is the fact that its on a high floor with glam views.
Accommodations continue to shine in classic contemporary style with art-nouveau accents, such as the swirling wooden headboards. Discreetly designed yet packed with amenities, the rooms feature desks with dual-line phones, data ports, fax machines, TVs and minibars concealed behind doors, safes, and bedside panels that regulate temperature, lighting, TVs and phones. Following the lead of its Hong Kong sibling, this hotel's marble baths have speaker-phones as well as TVs built into the walls above the tubs. Mood lighting, robes and stall showers with both fixed and hand-held showerheads round out these fabulous baths. The superior rooms are certainly adequate but the deluxe category ones have plasma-screen TVs. and are worth the extra cost. The extravagantly attired suites are some of the largest and most luxurious in the city. Far from flamboyant, this hotel continues to define luxury in understated terms.
The Peninsula New York is a member of exclusive Virtuoso travel network. Book online or contact our Virtuoso Travel Advisor [email protected] for more details.
To learn more about Virtuoso click on the Virtuoso Tab!
- Babysitting/Child Services
- Business Center
- 24 Hour Front Desk
- Express Checkout
- Mini Bar
- No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
- Room Service
- Safe Deposit Box
- Fitness Center or Spa
- Laundry/Valet Services
- Handicapped Rooms/Facilities
- Meeting/Banquet Facilities
- Shops/Commercial Services
- VIP Rooms/Services
For 2016, Virtuoso Rate Includes:
• Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
• Continental breakfast daily, for up to two in room guests (in Clement Restaurant, Gotham Lounge, or through In-room Dining)
• $100 USD to be valid on Lunch or Dinner only during stay (not combinable, not valid on room rate, no cash value if not redeemed in full, Not Valid on Room Rate, Valet Parking, at Hair Salon, on Car Service or Airport Transfer)
• Early check-in/late check-out subject to availability
For 2017, Virtuoso Rate Includes:
• Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability (Upgrade only within room types ex. room to room; suite to suite)
• Continental breakfast daily for up to 2 in-room guests (in Clement Restaurant, Gotham Lounge, or through In-room Dining)
• $100 USD equivalent Food & Beverage credit to be utilized during stay (not combinable, not valid on room rate, no cash value if not redeemed in full)
• Early check-in/late check-out, subject to availability
Why Book Virtuoso?
Exclusive rates at luxury properties worldwide VIP amenities for the discerning traveler
How to Book the Virtuoso Rate?
As a member of ClassicTravel.com, be sure to view the gold labeled Virtuoso rates when checking availability at The Peninsula New York. Enjoy the benefits of Virtuoso and booking with ClassicTravel.com!
Book directly online or contact our Virtuoso Travel Advisor [email protected] for more details.
Write a review
Oct 18, 2016
Native New yorker
International Luxury Peninsula
Oasis on 55 and 5. The best of amenities,linens and attention to the luxury traveler. The best pool and health club. Take a night at the Salon de Ning. Asian influence with state of the art room are extraordinary.